Tuesday, March 11, 2008

First Order of Business: Cosmic Playground




It is entirely appropriate that my first real entry on this blog should be about Rod. Rod DeGeorge is an amazing guitarist who has been my mentor and friend over the years. When he approached me to design the package for his first solo Cd, needless to say I was thrilled!!! :D

These are selected images from that package.* The original photography, done by Rick Sweitzer, I had altered to suit this project. Repeated images and subtle colors from the front cover are woven in.

As a designer, one of the things highly important to me is matching my client's personal style and vision for their projects. I can create images that are colorful and complex, that are clean classic and simple, or subtly in between. Rod is also a part of the band Burnt Sienna*. Where their poster design is fun and playful, Rod's is more rich and I hope conveys a sense of the joyful spirituality in his playing.

Check out Rod's new Cd, Cosmic Playground on the web!:
http://www.degeorgemusic.com/
http://www.myspace.com/roddegeorge

There is more on my website.*

No comments: